FormAnalyzer Scan & Administrator
FormAnalyzer Scan&Administrator module supports the process of scanning and system administration.
The program allows you to scan, search, view and print of the scanned document images.
Input for the program are paper forms. On the output an orderly lists of scanned document and/or boxes are registered in the FormAnalyzer DataBase. The images are stored in the file system volumes in the form of compressed binary images. The FormAnalyzer Scan&Administrator may automatically initiate further processing steps for documents scanned.
Depending on the type of scanner program allows you to work in simplex (scanning one side of the form) or duplex (simultaneous scanning both sides of each sheet form) mode.
The scanning process can be software-enhanced with the following functions:
- barcode detection and recognition
- detection of blank pages as separators of documents and/or for blank-page marking
- digital image processing in order to improve its quality (removal of the line, noise, cutting to the actual dimensions, background color dropout)
- Image rotation and deskewing
type of scanned documents/forms:
Single or multi page forms/documents scanned single side or duplex.
Simplex and duplex (black and white, grayscale, color)
Up to 2,147,483,647 documents
Tree structure up to 2,147,483,644 folders
Up to 2,147,483,644 boxes. Each box has a unique name within a folder. Box name up to 64 characters.
CCITT G3, G4, JPEG, LZW
Single or multi-stream - simultaneous scanning mode for bitonal images and color. Allows to later choose the type (color mode) of target document.
Exemplary window FormAnalyzer Scan&Administrator (scanning).
FormAnalyzer Scan&Administrator provides all the necessary functions to support the system administrator in system configuration (scanning templates, rejection reasons, access rights), administration, document search and review. It allows to monitor the audit trials of the document related activities and manually direct given document groups for the needed processing steps.
The program ensures the security of data stored in the system. It is used by a trained system administrator. The system administrator has the ability to monitor access to the system and define access rights for individual users or groups of users.
- automatic control over the whole process of processing
- view the status of processing for individual boxes and/or documents
- receive statistical data on individual boxes
create, modify and delete of users
create, modify and delete user groups
- defining access rights to the functions (create, select, delete) for individual users or groups,
- manage users and passwords (lifetime passwords, validation passwords, forcing password changes, account locking after a given false attempts, pause accounts etc.)
- register and manage scanning templates for document processing. Scanning template contains all technical definitions of scanning - resolution, image size, double-feed detection, document separation definitions, and processing definitions
- data volume definition and management
Exemplary window FormAnalyzer Scan&Administrator (administration).
FormAnalyzer Production Manager
FormAnalyzer Production Manager is used to manage the work of verifiers and to define how to process documents in the system.
Defining how to process documents in the system include:
- Defining the way the document is processed in the system, along with the definition of exception handling
- The introduction of the double verification of the documents or their selected fields and the conditions necessary for the implementation of the double verification (eg. according to the value of the given document field - doubleverify field “amount” if the value is greater than 10000)
- Definition of terms of the requirements for approval of the document by the authorized operators
- Define processing path for poorly recognized and rejected documents
The management of the verification operators includes:
- Defining tasks for verifiers on the basis of a set of templates and the current state of the system load
- Assigning verifiers to carry out specific task
- Displays statistics allowing the observation of the current state of load on the system
Document workflow design
Operator workload management
FormAnalyzer Engine (OCR / ICR / barcode)
FormAnalyzer Engine is a service responsible for automatic document classification and data extraction.
Input for the program are electronic images of documents. On the output the results of automatic document classification and/or data extraction are written in the binary format into the FormAnalyzer DataBase. Further circulation of the document depends on the pre-defined processing scheme.
Simultaneous operation of several modules installed at different stations within one system
Total recognized templates:
Interpretation of the results of the recognition:
Date / numeric data / text / custom
character recognition confidence level:
the position of the characters and the confidence level is stored for further use during metadata verification
rotation, removing skew, improved image quality (noise reduction, line, backgrounds, character smoothing), color dropout, cropout
recognition text (caps, lowercase, mixed), numerals and symbols
Automatic recognition of one of the following codes: EAN 8/13, UPC (A, E 6digits), Code39 (CDT, SST, FA ), Code128, Codebar, ITF, Code93, Code32, PDF417, Postnet code, Data Matrix, QR code, Royal Post, Australian Post, Intelligent Mail
Exemplary window FormAnalyzer Engine.
FormAnalyzer Verifier is designed to allow the operator to verify and/or enter the documents metadata. The images of the documents are automatically presented.
Additionally, the FormAnalyzer Verifier performs the following functions:
- enables manual classification of documents - giving documents a processing template name, manual documents splitting and merging, delete blank pages, change the order of pages, rotate pages
- Dual verification of documents and arbitration in the event of inconsistent results
- Approval of documents which, in accordance with its contents and conditions designed in the processing template must be approved by an authorized user (eg. bank transfers with a value above a fixed amount)
- Conducting quality control of the work of verifiers. Information about the errors committed by employees are aggregated and used to assess the overall quality of the data and personal work.
- Updating dictionaries values from the actual content of the verified documents
Input for the program are the results of the automatic document recognition obtained by the FormAnalyzer Engine. On the output the verified metadata are stored in a database in the form of binary files, where they expect to be export to an external system.
- automatic verification procedure to protect against the introduction of data that do not meet certain criteria
- simultaneous operation of multiple modules installed at different stations in one system
- possible to switch directly between fields characterized by a low level of confidence or not meeting the validation criteria
- automatic selection of results with low confidence level
- Automatic single-field or multi-field validation criteria evaluation:
- the value of the metadata field once entered/accepted by the operator acceptance is automatically validated with the specified validation criteria (either script based or predefined)
- check, if the value of the multi-field validation criterion
- the automatic execution of the multi-field validation criterion once all required fields have been entered/accepted by the operator
FormAnalyzer Verifier metadata entering/checking.
In the verification mode the right side of the window displays the image of the document. Part of the image corresponding to a field which is subject to verification is automatically highlighted. The elements of the system interface can be individually adjusted by each operator.
Upper left corner of the window displays a magnified image of the actually verified field. Below is a list of field names to be verified with the results automatically extracted by the FormAnalyzer Engine. Recognition results corresponding to the currently entered field are highlighted in yellow, and the characters recognized with low confidence level in red. These characters are verified manually.
FormAnalyzer Export is used to export the revised metadata and the images of pages of documents.
Input for the program are verified metadata. On the output the program creates files containing metadata and additional files with images. In addition, the exported files may contain selected system information about the document (eg. the document ID from the database, document folder from the database). The exported file format is determined by the module FormAnalyzer Designer.
Supported export file formats:
- CSV - text format in which fields are separated by selected separator
- XML - format compatible with XML
There are two modes of export:
- automatic mode, in which the program exports the verified data in the predefined schedule. In this mode, only the valid and ready documents may be exported
- on-demand, where the export operator selects the document source folder and the required status of the document processing.
- simultaneous export data from different types of forms,
- the simultaneous operation of multiple modules installed in various positions within a single system
- bitonal images exported as TIFF CCITT G3 / 4
- color images exported as TIFF with LZW compression or JPEG
- export of document pages in the stream of subsequent images or a multi-page TIFF
- metadata export: Windows-ASCII, UTF-8 or XML
FormAnalyzer Report is used to create predefined or custom reports. The program allows you to generate a report based on the custom CrystalReport templates.
The FormAnalyzer Report contains several predefined reports that allow you to control the operation of the system:
- work for a period of time
- processing time
- evaluation of the users
- number of controlled documents
- to assess the results identifying
- the number of documents processed
- number of documents in the database
- list and properties of tasks
- exports sessions
- archiving sessions
Generated reports may be printed or saved in the following formats:
- Crystal Reports (rpt)
- Adobe Acrobat (pdf)
- Microsoft Word (doc)
- Microsoft Excel (xls)
- Rich Text Format (rtf)
The user can easily register, in the FormAnalyzer DataBase, the custom report templates. Such templates are then available for all system administrators.
FormAnalyzer Report, report generation.
All the FormAnalyzer modules uses a centralized relational database, which provides the mechanisms to synchronize access to the data, protection and integrity. The database stores the recognized content of documents and information such as time to introduce the document to the database, user data, the status of the processed document etc.. The database ensures reliable operation of the system, which can concurrently support several hundreds of users.
The FormAnalyzer DataBase is supplied and installed with the system - supported operating platforms are Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 and newer. The database natively supports 64 bit operating systems.